Here is a slightly different take on guacamole for Cinco de Mayo this year! In this recipe, the tomatoes, onions, and garlic get a slight roast, and the avocados get a grill treatment before mashing together. It really takes the dish up a notch!
3 Ripe Avocados
2 cups Grape Tomatoes
½ Red Onion, sliced
6 Garlic Cloves
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Lime, juiced
½ cup Cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400⁰ F.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, garlic and olive oil on a baking sheet and toss to coat. Bake until tomatoes burst, and onions are slightly brown; about 25 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Cut avocados in half and remove pits. Grill on lightly oiled grill, until warmed through and grill marks are visible; about 10 minutes.
- Allow all ingredients to cool enough to handle.
- Remove avocado flesh from peel, and mash with lime juice.
- Mince roasted onions and garlic and add to avocado mash, along with tomatoes. Mash all together.
- Add cilantro and salt and pepper to taste. Mix. Enjoy warm or cold!
Happy, healthy eating!