These are so fun and delicious! These came about because I really try to only cook one meal for all of us, but my toddler can’t handle some more complicated foods very well yet. Enchiladas are definitely out! But this makes enchiladas a finger food!
If you have older kids, they can even help fill and seal the ravioli. I used store bought won ton wrappers and enchilada sauce, but if you have the time and want to, feel free to make your own. They’d be amazing that way! Pan fried or boiled like traditional ravioli, you’ll want to try these out!
Serves: 8 (serving size: 6 ravioli)
1 Package Won Ton Wrappers (or homemade ravioli dough)
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 medium Onion, chopped
1 small Sweet Bell Pepper, chopped
1 medium Zucchini, chopped
1 can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
¼ cup Black Olives, sliced
3 Green Onions, sliced
Coconut Oil for pan frying, if desired (or high-heat oil of choice)
1 can of your favorite Enchilada Sauce, or homemade
Avocado, lime, and cilantro for garnish, if desired
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onion until soft, and add pepper and zucchini.
- Cook until vegetables are soft and slightly browned.
- Add black beans, olives and green onions. Heat through.
- Cool slightly. Add vegetable mixture to a food processor. Pulse until vegetables are all chopped very small (you don’t want a puree).
- In each won ton wrapper, place about ½ tablespoon vegetable mixture. Seal by wetting a finger and running along the perimeter of the wrapper to uniformly wet the edge. Fold in half and make sure to press all the air out before completely sealing.
- If pan frying ravioli, heat oil over high heat and add ravioli. Cook just a few minutes on each side before draining on a plate with a paper towel. You will likely have to do this in several batches.
- If boiling, boil a large pot of water. Drop ravioli, one at a time, into water. Ravioli will float when done. Remove from water.
- Toss ravioli in warmed enchilada sauce.
- Serve hot, garnished with a lime, avocado, and cilantro, if desired.
Happy, healthy eating!